GARFORTH IN BLOOM
The organisation is known as ‘Garforth in Bloom’
Aims and Objectives
• To make Garforth a more attractive place for residents and visitors.
• To encourage residents and traders to take a pride in their environment.
• To create and develop newly planted areas and enhance existing natural and planted areas in and around Garforth.
• To work with local schools to encourage young people to take an active role in caring for their surroundings.
• To raise funds via sponsorship, grant applications and donations etc.
• To liaise closely with the local council.
Membership and Officers
• Membership of Garforth in Bloom shall be open to anyone interested in supporting and furthering the aims of the organisation.
• Every member shall have one vote.
• The officers shall consist of a Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer. These shall be elected from amongst the membership at the Annual General Meeting.
• Garforth in Bloom is a voluntary, non profit making organisation and no member of the group shall stand to gain from any money raised.
• The funds of Garforth in Bloom shall be paid into a bank account set up specifically for the organisation. All cheques drawn on the account must be signed by any two of the three elected officers.
• Any items of capital equipment bought with Council funding shall remain the property of the Council.
• Meetings shall be held on a regular basis as required.
• An Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be held each November.
• The business of the AGM shall be to:-
1. Receive the annual report of Garforth in Bloom
2. Distribute a statement of accounts
3. Elect officers for the coming year. These officers shall hold office from the conclusion of the meeting
4. Discuss any other appropriate business
An Extraordinary General Meeting can be called at any time by an elected officer, or by and member through the Chairperson.
If at an Extraordinary General Meeting it is decided to wind up the organisation’s activities, any remaining assets, after payments of any outstanding accounts, shall be given or transferred to such other local charitable institutions having objectives similar to those of Garforth in Bloom